I am an enthusiastic person who enjoys working with customers, I am also well organised, thorough, dependable and professional person; I possess a positive attitude and like to complete any given task, I possess a "can do" attitude with a strong customer focus and have experience in working with confidential data. I also have experience in working in a technical IT support Environment, administration and Retail.
I have worked to tight deadlines and cope well under pressure, with abilities to work within a team or on own initiative. I am a good analytical problem solver and have the ability to form good professional relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Stoke on Trent City Council/Service Care Solutions June 2016 – Present
Working with Stoke City Council, dealing with confidential and legal information and documents. Main duties include data entry, retrieving information from databases, filing both electronic and Physical, archiving files, scanning, sending out Minutes of meeting to clients through post or secure portal, Setting up Mail Merge systems, plus general administration duties.
- DWP June 2016 Digital Assistant
Work Experience with the Department of Works and Pensions Longton, working on the reception, booking in clients, General administration, assisting customers to use computers for Job search and other jobcentre activates
- Brook Street Apr 2016 Court Usher
Paid work trail with Ministry of Justice HMCTS (Her Majesty's Courts and Tribunals Service) as a court usher, shadowing Court ushers, sitting on court sessions, helping to prepare court rooms ready for court sessions and clearing rooms at the end of court sessions
- Royal mail/Angard staffing, Nov 2015 – Dec 2015 MDEC Keyer
Entering addresses and postcodes of hand written mail, to assist the AI in the MDEC computer system, sorting out any problems with the address and correcting them so it can be sent to its destination.
- Caudwell Children, May 2015 – Nov 2015 Applications and Design Team Working with a national children's charity, processing applications, scanning, scan reading, data entry, and general administration duties. As well as working in the Applications, I work in the Design Department, providing a support role to the design team, Processing and tagging photographs using photo matrix software, folding cards, and other design production tasks.
- Breathe city church Oct 2012 - present
Technical Team (podcasting, sound, AV).
Helping a technical team in my church, editing audio, podcasting, using sound desks and producing AV Presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Wama Children of Uganda Jun 2011 – Present,
Volunteer Web design/ webmaster
I have designed and built website along with blog, for a Ugandan and Kenyan charity that helps children, I also maintain the site for them and update when necessary
- The Ethical Computer Company 2011 – 2013, Technical Volunteer
Working in a busy retail environment, my duties include stripping computers down to rebuild ready for resale, buying and selling of computers and dealing with donations. Part of my role is to help our customers with computer repairs and computer training. Offering advice and guidance to our novice customers as well as more technically minded customers.
- Marks 4 Training Jun 2012 – Oct 2012 Publications Administrator
During my placement, my duties include, compiling information for a business newsletter, which was both online and sent to local businesses. I was responsible for researching local events, places to job search, within the area of Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire. To write articles to be published in this newsletter, plus general administration duties, such as filing, photocopying, using telephones, writing letters, and other office related duties.
- All nations centre, May 2005 – Nov 2011 Café Team.
Helping in the cafe, dealing with customers and making drinks
- Soul survivor volunteer steward (summer) 2001,2002,2003,2004,2005,2006,2007,2008,2009,2010,2011,2013,2014,2015
Soul Survivor is a youth conference in the summer; I work with youth keeping them safe on security and stewarding duties. Plus, guarding gates of the site, mobile patrols with radios and being on the site crew tidying the site and keeping it clean, plus doing odd jobs needed to keep the site running, also 2010 became part of the usher team looking after the health and safety of the main event venue
- Leicestershire County Council 2008 – 2009, ICT Team Member
During my work placement, my duties include assisting in information computer technology department: installing software, moving and setting up computer equipment when needed and helping in all duties associated with a busy computer department. Maintaining desktop standards, records and documentation.
- Earl Shilton library 2008, Learning Assistant
Assisting information technology tutor, in helping learners to understand computers in a basic information technology course, this involved leading the learners through the steps to complete the tasks set in the class by the IT tutor.
- Worklink Project, 2008, Public Relations team member,
working in a Photoshop and photography area of work and being responsible for sorting out computer problems for the project
- Centre for Computer and social Responsibility (De Montfort University), 2006, Research Assistant
Duties included Producing a website, carrying out basic research, using the internet and journal databases such as Athens, undertaking interviews to gain knowledge of the subjects of games technology and Internet security policies for academic journals. My main research on games technology was published as "game on" in the journal IMIS ETHIcol Vol 16 No 3 June 2006
- Hinckley Learning Company, 2003, Technician
Working as a Computer Technician, which was part of the Hinckley learning company course. Routing cables and maintaining computers. I was responsible for organising my own work on a day to day basis
- Spring Harvest, 2001, 2002 Event Administration team member Photocopying, producing posters, Faxing Answering guest's questions, Answering Telephone, delivering messages, looking after the Radio base, typing Documents and basic Administration duties
- Spring Harvest volunteer steward
Helping to set up, unloading lorries, moving chairs, manning fire doors. Answering guest’s questions, delivering messages, take collections and directing traffic, also part of my duties was to check the safety of venues. I was working in and from 2003 part of my duties was to be one of the team leaders, leading a team of four, looking after their welfare.
- Siemens IT services 1998, 2001 - Nov 2002, Configuration Engineer, building, setting up, refurbishing computer equipment to be used as servers and POS units, also maintaining the documentation for the systems plus testing.
- Scope, 1998, Shop Assistant.
Responsible for all aspects of the book department, using POS, merchandising stock, organising the merchandise, dealing with customer queries
- Jacobs Well, 1997 – 1998 Shop assistant,
Customer service, sales, dealing with general enquires merchandising, stock take, ordering goods and key holder
- William Bradford School, 1995 & 1997 Technician,
ensuring data backups, cleaning the equipment, installing software and helping to run the Windows-based network operating under OS/2 Warp LAN manager. In addition, to this, I was also able to help the staff and students with computer problems.
- Worklink Project, 1993 - 1994 public relations team member
Duties included producing publicity material such as videos, posters and leaflets. As well as working in the Public Relations department, I worked in the Retail department and in the office, which involved answering the telephones, typing letters, photocopying and selling furniture. I was also part of the management committee and attended meetings
- British Rail 1989 - 1991
Working on all aspects of British Rail including station working helping customers and unloading parcels from trains red star parcels dealing with parcel enquiries and complaints, both in person and on the telephone, scanning parcels, working in a tops office controlling freight movements using computers and train working collecting and checking tickets answering customer questions, plus doing Train and station announcements.
- De Montfort University 2003–2007
BSC (HON)/HND computing graduated third class.
- Newcastle-under-Lyme College 2014-2014
City and Guilds award in education and training level 3 (PTLLS)
- Learn Direct 2014-2014
City and Guilds Customer service level 1, City and Guilds Call Centre Operations level 1, City and Guilds Dealing with complaints level 1
- Stoke on Trent College 2013-2013
City and guilds Functional Maths level 2
- Marks 4 Training 2012–2012
NVQ business administration level 2
- Leicestershire county council 2008–2011
OCR maths level 1, OCR key skills level 2 in communication, OCR English level 2, awarding Hazard awareness level 1
- Working links, 2011
Skillsmart retail works
- Stride, 2011
- North Warwickshire and Hinckley College 1991–1997
National Diploma in Information Technology, City and Guilds in Micro-Business Applications. GCSE`s English (D) and Computer Studies (D), BTEC First Diploma in Information Technology
Hobbies and Interests
My hobbies are photography both still and video, I produced and edited a video for Hinckley Council for volunteer services, I am also interested in art, history, computers and technology.
My achievements are I have done skydive to raise £400 for charity called Christians against poverty. I also designed a webpage for Earl Shilton Parish Church, which was reviewed in the local paper.